Friday, September 12, 2008

Night with Angels

Yesterday Kelly called me during the day and told me that he got tickets from work for the Angels game. I wasn't about to turn down free dinner and a fun evening with the kids at the Angels game so my answer was an ethusiastic, "Yes". We got to the stadium, found our seats and just waited for the game to start. While we were waiting we looked over at the big screen and our entire family was on it. The kids waved but really didn't know what the heck was going on. From that moment on Hunter kept looking at the big screen to see if he was on it again. I'm sure we were never on TV, but it was a fun thing that happened and I wanted to remember.

Since yesterday marked the 7 year anniversary of September 11th they had Marines walk the colors to second base. While the National Anthem was sung a group of poeple opened a giant flag and waved it at the end of the song. They had a moment of silence for the victims and families and it was amazing that even with all those people you could probably hear a pin drop. After all these years I still get emotional remembering that day.

By the way, to end a perfect evening the Angels beat the Mariners 7 to 3

3 comments:

Jodie said...

What a great night, I love baseball games and out of all the games I've ever been to, never made it on the big screen. I love it! Love you guys!

Amanda said...

What a great night to go. Sounds like a fun night!

Gene and Susie said...

The Angel Administration looked for the cutest family at the game to show on the big screen!!! And naturally it was the K Kerrs. And what a perfect choice. Kisses to all!