Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Love and Hate

Looking at this picture you would probably think that Hunter and Kora really love each other. Actually, you would be right. Kora adores her brother. She loves playing with him and is always trying to do what he's doing. If Hunter gets in trouble or gets hurt she is the first one to run up to him and give him a big hug and ask him if he's okay. Hunter does the exact same thing for her. It's really sweet when they are so lovey with each other. That brings me to the next part of my title...Hate. How can two people who adore each other and show such love and kindness be so mean to each other? Throughout the day I am constantly breaking up mini battles of she's not sharing, he hit me, endless tattling, calming crying and silencing screams. I told Kelly the other night that this is Karma getting back at us. I said I remember the endless battles with my brother and Kelly says he remembers the same with his siblings. It's an endless circle that we as parents now get to see the other side of the fence. I'm really not looking forward to the long car rides (post car seats) when they start complaining the other is touching them, won't leave them alone...yada yada yada. This was big with Jeremy and I. I can see Karma slapping me in the face with that one. Right now the car is the only place I never hear complaining. I enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, parenthood is great. The sweet moments like those in these pictures is pure bliss and actually, they aren't arguing all day long. As a parent you just wish that they could always be as sweet to each other.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Sibling rivalry is such a funny thing isn't it?? I remember fighting with my siblings too... can't wait to experience it from the parent point of view!! ;)

Darci said...

I am not looking forward to those days. They are really cute together, though.

B Kerr Fam said...

Kelly and I always got along. It must be something to do with female siblings. Not sure though...:)

Jodie said...

Tell me about it!! The good thing is that you get the glimpses of sweetness that remind you how much they really do love each other. And I agree with Bryan, I really think it is a male/female thing.

Kami said...

Your kids are sooo cute! I haven't seen Kora since she was about 5 months old and you were at Darci's shower! Anyways, they're so adorable, what a cute family you have!

Gene and Susie said...

I only had sisters - and it was the same with us. Ask Callie how we fought when we were younger. OOOOO - not good. Especially when I'd wear her clothes without her permission. I waited until she was gone, then asked Mom and she said yes. Now I can't fit into her clothes. Sweet justice for her? Hmmm.

Loving the Vampire books. On the 3rd one.

Nunazuna said...

Hey Nicole! I haven't had time in forever to look at blogs. It looks like all is well with your beautiful little family. The joys of Parenthood huh? I'm still willing to do your family pics. We definitely need to find time before Christmas! Love ya!