Monday, October 20, 2008

Hunter's first Primary Program

As most of you know, cameras are not allowed in the chapel so unfortunately I have no pictures. Hunter's first primary program was yesterday. He was so adorable. The girls in his class are nearly an entire head length taller than him. I kept hoping that maybe the girls were standing on a step but sadly, they weren't. Our boy is small but I love it. I just hope he'll have a really good growth spurt someday.

Hunter had 2 lines yesterday: "My name is Hunter and I am a child of God" He said it perfectly. His second line however "Our theme for April was I will follow the Prophet" was not exactly understandable. The only reason I know what he said was because the leaders had mailed me his lines to help him learn them. We went over them but like most Sunbeams he must have forgotten and said what he thought he heard the Primary President tell him. It was cute regardless. I was just proud that even though you had no clue what he said (in his second line) he still spoke loudly. I am shocked and amazed that Hunter is old enough to have his first primary program. Kids grow up way too fast. I still recall flying up to see Kelly's sister, Jodie and her family in Virginia. While we were their our oldest Nephew, Preston had his first primary program. Preston just turned 8 this year so that was 4 years ago. At the time Hunter was about 3 months old. I can't remember what Preston's lines were but I remember thinking he was so cute. I also remember him being a head taller than all of his classmates. He's going to be a tall boy, I just hope Hunter will be too.

Primary programs are always cute because of all the kids but when your own child or a child that you know is in it, it makes it even more fun. What makes the programs so adorable are the lines the children have but also the songs that they sing. Nothing is sweeter than children's voices. We couldn't hear Hunter but we could see that he was singing. It was a fun sacrament meeting. Great-Grandpa Kerr, Nani Susie, Grandpa Yaden and Callie all came out to see him.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Hunter was so cute! I always love the primary programs. They bring such a special spirit to the Sunday.

Darci said...

Brett was in the stands because he teaches the 7 year olds so I was in the halls the whole time with Gwenie. I am sad I miss it. I bet Hunter was really cute.

Gene and Susie said...

He was the most adorable child on the stand! He said his lines nice and loud and he sang! I have loved singing the songs with him this year when he's here. He'll say, "Let's sing a song, Nani." Then he chooses what he wants to sing. HIs favorite have been 'We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet' and "I love to See the Temple.' I was very proud of you, Hunter. So was Kora.

Nunazuna said...

I always love the primary programs. I bet Hunter was really cute up there. Your kids are growing so fast. I bet it's exciting and scarey. You are such a good little mama.

The ZamFam said...

primary programs are fun! Dallin and Kailee's was on Sunday also. Of course, they both knew their parts, but got up there and said the needed help. Gotta love it! I am glad that he enjoyed it!