Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween 2008

Mylie (above) was Auntie Fester. We called her Uncle Fester but she is a girl so we will oblige her years from now when she asks us why we dressed her up as a man, we can say we didn't. Surprisingly she gave us no problems when it came to putting her face make-up on. She was actually trying to eat the little sponge as it got close to her face. When we gave her the light bulb we were afraid she would throw it. She put it exactly where it was supposed to go. Too bad it didn't light up.
The story behind her costume was her lack of hair. Kelly said she's so bald we should make her Uncle Fester for Halloween...and so it was so.

Kora was our Cinderella or as she called herself "LaLa". I tried to get a straight on shot of Kora in her costume but the girl refused to smile. So this was my favorite of the millions I tried to take. As we were walking up to one of the houses and got our candy we started to head back down the driveway and wouldn't you know, she actually lost her shoe on the driveway. Prince Charming wasn't around so I put it back on her foot. Even if he was around I think I would have to tell him to come back in about 30 years.Hunter was Indiana Jones this year. He had been telling people for months that he was going to be Indiana Jones. When we went to Disneyland last month his souvenir was his Indiana Jones hat. He has been wearing it everywhere. One funny thing about his whip was...I completely forgot to get him one. How can Indiana Jones not have a whip? I went to 5 stores and each were sold out. I told Kelly's Uncle Steve that he wasn't going to have a whip so he attempted to make one. I think he told his neighbor our dilemma and next thing I know his neighbor, Scott was out on his lawn spray painting a rope that he put a little handle on so Hunter could have a whip. I'm still amazed that Scott had all these supplies around his house. Hunter was extremely grateful and of course it completed his costume. What a great guy! Hunter and I made him some pumpkin bread to thank him.

Overall it was a great night. We went Trick or Treating with Colt Christensen. He is a Handicapped boy that Kelly's Aunt and Uncle watch. The kids had such a great time together going door to door and getting candy. I just love Halloween. Hunter is already planning his, Kora and Mylie's costumes for next year.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I loved your comment about Prince Charming coming back in 30 years, it made me really laugh out loud. And at least you got Mylie into costume for her first Halloween! I am going to end up putting Peyton in hers this week and taking a picture (hey, she'll never know it wasn't actually on Halloween).
Love how your kids costumes turned out. You did an awesome job!!

Gene and Susie said...

Adorable! Kora's costume is beautiful - great job, little seamstress. Hunter looks just like 'Indy' (same as Uncle Stevie, as Hunter calls him), and Mylie, well . . . love the light bulb. Great blog, Nicole. You're so good at keeping us updated with pictures. Love you all ~ Dad and Mom

B Kerr Fam said...

Your kids are great. I will have to say that Mylie's costume was genius. We love the light bulb!!! Lisa and I got a kick out of her makeup!!!! You are so creative. Kora is beautiful and Hunter would be a great action star. We miss you all.

Jodie said...

I love the kid's costumes. Tell Hunter that Uncle Stevie was his partner in crime. Mylie's costume is great, very creative. Miss you all lots. Love ya

Nunazuna said...

Way cute costumes Nicole! I love halloween so much. So I guess you couldn't convince Kelly to dress up huh? Mylie's costume is so hilarious. I can't wait to show Ben.

Danielle said...

hey nicole! these pics are soooo funny! my kids only sleep in their cribs! you are lucky! :) btw, i need your mailing address-- christmas card time! loves!