Monday, November 17, 2008

Comfortable Enough to Sleep?

One of my favorite parts of being a parent is watching my children sleep. It's a great time to get a few things done in temporary silence but my favorite part is the funny positions they seem to fall asleep into. I can't recall ever being so tired that I couldn't just lay comfortably on the couch or in my bed. I could probably fall asleep anywhere but there is no way I could fall asleep if I wasn't comfortable. These positions don't look comfortable to me but I doubt they would have fallen asleep if they didn't think so....or maybe it's that they are just too tired to even care?

This picture was what originally prompted this post. Mylie fell asleep last night by our front door while she was playing with 2 balls. Kelly took pictures then put a blanket over her. I'm starting to think she would be able to fall asleep anywhere and in any position.

This is the only one I could find of Kora sleeping in a funny position and it's not that recent. She actually falls asleep pretty "normally". This may just be the one time she was an exception to the rule.

This is my favorite of Hunter sleeping in a funny position. I posted it awhile back but it's one of my favorites so I wanted it in this post.

6 comments:

Darci said...

I used to be able to do this and have lots of pictures that my Dad took of me. Gwenie, sadly, did not inherit this trait. Only when she was little (couple of months) did she fall asleep on Brett in the craziest positions. I love seeing kids in crazy sleeping positions, so cute!

Gene and Susie said...

So adorable. They get it honestly - it's in their blood. Nani Jo used to sit on the floor heater and fall asleep. Her head never made it quite to the floor like Mylie's, though. Love you all. Thanks for the pictures.

Nunazuna said...

That is hilarious Nicole! I can't believe they actually sleep like that. I'm so glad you got pictures!

Amanda said...

Haha I love it!! Those are all really funny ways to sleep. Seriously, how do they do that??

B Kerr Fam said...

Those pics are fantastic. The picture of Mylie was the wiffle balls is my favorite- the caption that came to mind after seeing all the pics was- "Mylie waits at the door for Hunter to finish his dinner!" We miss our kids so much and we are looking forward to New Year's.

Jodie said...

I wish I could fall asleep in any place! Must be nice. Love you guys