Monday, September 14, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Kora


Kora has been a talking machine lately. You would never guess it if you asked her a question. She needs a good 20 minutes to warm up to you before she'll talk to a stranger, but being her Mommy I get to hear her talk non-stop. Here are 2 separate conversations that got me laughing so I thought I would share with you.


Kora: Oh my gosh! There is a car flying on a truck.

Me: What? Where?

Kora: There, on my side.

(And there it was, a car "flying" on top of truck. It was a truck transporting a car on the top level)



Kora: Mommy, look at your head.

Me: What's wrong with my head? (of course I look in the mirror thinking I have something in my hair)

Kora: It's getting big.

Me: It's getting big?

Kora: Yes, big like Daddy's.

(Not sure what she meant by this. I tried to ask but she didn't explain. Since Kelly is a genius I'll take it as I'm getting just as smart as him. The idea that my head is actually growing larger is a bit frightening.)

3 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

Kora and I were talking about something and she said to me, "It's a man's world, Nani." I said, "What?" "It's a man's world, Nani." She looked at me, shrugged her shoulders, and off to play she went. I haven't a clue what prompted THAT conversation, and I wondered where she heard it. It doesn't sound like something her Daddy and Mommy would say.

Amanda said...

Oh, I love it! kids make the most interesting observations! (and last I saw, your head look normal-sized to me).

Nunazuna said...

Ha!