Friday, September 25, 2009

Writing Words


Hunter has been learning how to write his letters for the last 2 years but something just clicked this year and he loves to write his letters. His teacher gives him homework at school and he can't wait to do it. You can often find Hunter walking around the house with a notepad and pencil in hand. Although, the notepad has to have lines. He asked for paper to write with the other day and I found an old notebook without lines(plain white paper) and I found out you can't write words in a notebook without lines. His favorite thing to do is copy words he sees and write them down. He doesn't always know what he's writing but that doesn't stop him. When I ask him what he's doing his reply, "I'm writing words Mom."

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How sweet! I love it when kids get excited about the things they are learning and when you see it finally click on in their heads, it's amazing to watch. Go Hunter!

Gene and Susie said...

I love that. I'm going to have a folder for him when he comes over next time. Thanks for last night. Love and kisses to all ~ Mom