Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tag Team Quilt

I am finally finished!!! When my Sister-in-law, Kristin found out she was pregnant she asked me to help her make a quilt for her baby. Once they found out it was going to be a boy we went to Joann's and picked out fabrics. Jeremy and Kristin wanted a Volcom blanket so we cut up about 6 of Jeremy's shirts to make this quilt. I drew out a pattern of different size squares and rectangles. Kristin cut out the patterns, I layed it out and pieced it together and then she sewed it. I sewed on the backing and "quilted" it. I love it. I am so proud of it. The picture actually does it NO justice whatsoever. I really love this pattern. I want to make a quilt for our bed using this pattern....of course not the same fabrics and not a Volcom blanket. Now to look for fabrics...



4 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

This is amazing. You may be getting all kinds of requests! You did a beautiful job - congratulations.

Amanda said...

I love it!!! You guys did a great job, very beautiful!!

Nunazuna said...

Great job!!! I'm off work starting this week. I'll be spending a lot of time at the Wright's cuz Callie's going to help sew some stuff up for the baby. Maybe you could bring your stuff over too and we can have a sewing party!!! You know Joann's has an awesome Black Friday sale every year. I'm going to try to go!

Darci said...

Looks awesome!!!! You need to take more pictures. Love the t-shirt idea. did you end up quilting it on the machine?