Friday, January 22, 2010

Cooking Companion


I have great little helpers whenever it's time to start cooking. Hunter loves to help but usually he's too busy playing. Kora on the other hand is always the first one to move her little stool over to help me cook. A few months ago I made her a little apron that she just loves to put on. She is always so excited to help me in any way she can. I have to often find little things for her to do so she doesn't get burned or hurt. Her favorite thing to do is stir or mix. I have a feeling she'll be quite the cook when she's old enough to do it on her own. It always amazes me how intently she watches me and asks me what I'm doing and why.

Mylie is just itching to help out too but she is still too little to help just yet. She'll get upset when she sees her big sister helping and she can't. I try to let her help me in other ways. She is my best little helper when it comes time to put things in the dishwasher away. The spoons and forks may just be thrown in the drawer but she is proud and happy when she can help. She also loves to help me wrap up my vaccum cord. That has become her permanent job. If her brother or sister offers to take over she wont hesitate to put them in their place. My next little project is to make aprons for my other 2 little helpers. I love that they love to help out.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so great that they are so willing to help!! Such sweethearts!

B Kerr Fam said...

The Snow White dress under the apron is great!! Very cute

Gene and Susie said...

Maybe she can make ' a little snack!' Love you all ~ Mom