Friday, January 8, 2010

Hippopotamus


Hunter and Kora have found a new fascination in Hippos. I guess this isn't too new because they first became interested when we went to Disneyland back in August after riding on the Jungle Cruise. Hunter was scared of the hippos when they came out of the water wiggling their ears. He was also impressed at how large they were. Now, whenever something is big he calls it "Hippo-ca-ma-mus". Kora has now adopted the term but pronounces hers as "Hippo-ca-ta-mus". I find it funny that each child pronounces it differently. After we got a Christmas Tree last month, Hunter told me we got a "Hippo-ca-ma-mus tree". Kora also told me that we don't have a little dog, we have a "Hippo-ca-ta-mus dog".

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That is too cute!! It is pretty funny they pronounce it differently!

Gene and Susie said...

I hope they don't say they have a hippo-ca-ta-mus Nani.