Monday, July 19, 2010

Answered Prayer

I had an interesting experience last night that was too good to not write down. Since I don't really have a journal and I use my blog to record all of my special moments I thought I would share. Last night I was saying my prayers and while I was praying I noticed how loud the crickets were outside. I was slightly annoyed because they were so loud and was worried that they would keep me up and I wouldn't be able to sleep. So while saying my prayer I asked Heavenly Father to please bless me that I could sleep through the noise the crickets were making. Literally 2 seconds later they stopped. It was dead silent outside. I have never had a prayer answered so quickly. After I finished my prayer I stayed up about 10 minutes longer just to see if something startled the crickets to make them stop temporarily, but they never started up again. I was amazed and at the same time my testimony has grown. My Heavenly Father loves me enough to answer even a simple prayer. He listens to us and he loves us and answers all of our prayers as I was shown last night, if I only listen (literally in this case) the answer will be given to me.

1 comment:

kerrfam6 said...

God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform! He teaches us silently!!