Monday, July 5, 2010

To Cover or Not to Cover, That is the Question

We have a large rectangular window over our main window in our Living Room. A big dilemma that we had was whether or not we were going to put a covering over it or not. Kelly was all for putting up something but I was more hesitant because I LOVE the light that the window lets in. Because it's so high we don't have to worry about privacy. A big problem was without a covering, at around dinner time the window would let in light right at our dinner table practically blinding and roasting people from the heat. Since summer has only barely started I decided to give in and cover the window. After talking to my Interior Designer Brother-in-law, Gus, he suggested a sheer fabric. The whole time I was thinking I had to cover it with a thick fabric. I actually went with a fabric slightly thicker than a sheer. I picked white so that it would still be bright. I'm still not sure what I think about it but it does make a big difference. As you can see in the after picture below it still lets in light...in fact, you may not even be able make out the fabric, but it's there. Thank you Gus, for guiding me to the right fabric. I would have never thought of it on my own.


Before:

After:

2 comments:

Amanda said...

My in-laws have a similar problem, they have a couple of windows just like that! They thought of putting up some kind of tint over it, but haven't done anything yet. I'll have to suggest this to them!

kerrfam6 said...

Everything you do is beautiful, Nicole. I love it!!!!