Thursday, August 5, 2010

Camping


Growing up our yearly vacation was a week of tent camping. I have always loved camping and since getting married I had hoped to share that love with my children. After begging Kelly for years if we could go he finally gave in. The last time Kelly and I went camping Hunter was only 9 months old. This was our kids first real experience camping since Hunter was too young to really remember his last experience.
We left Thursday afternoon and headed up to Big Bear. We love camping up there since it only takes a little over an hour from our home. We ended up staying in the Heart Bar campsite #47. My brother and his wife came up later that night as well as my Mom and my Dad came Friday night.
We borrowed some kid size chairs from Kelly's parents and all the kids enjoyed sitting in them. We are definitely going to have to buy them some of their own.
Here Mylie is showing us what a mess she was the entire weekend. There really was no point in cleaning this little girl because minutes after washing her down she would be covered in dirt again. Her favorite spot the entire weekend was sitting on the ground playing in the dirt.
Hunter's favorite past time was playing with Kelly's BB Gun. He loved shooting at the cans and bottles. He didn't really have the power to pump the gun but he did try.
Here is a picture of my brother, the Pyro. He was in charge of the campfire and made sure it was blazing all night.
This next picture is a picture of Kora's hands. She had a bit of an accident while we were up there. The best thing that came out of it is that she has learned a healthy respect for fire. The first day we were there she kept putting wood into the fire. Kelly and I kept telling her that only the adults are supposed to put the wood in because it is really dangerous. Well, she didn't listen and insisted on putting more wood into the fire. On her way to the pit she tripped and tried catching herself on the metal pit. It burned her poor little hands. The entire weekend she tried her best to stay away from the fire pit. Sometimes lessons are unfortunately learned the hard way.
Here are the 3 kiddos in a forced photo. Don't you just love asking the kids to pose, you get the most random pictures sometimes.
This next picture is a beautiful gorge not too far from our campsite. Seeing nature like this is exactly the reason I love camping.
This last picture is my mountain men off to chop some firewood. We had a great time camping and I can't wait to take the kids again. I think the kids were a little disappointed because they never really got to see the "Big Bear" but overall I know that they had a fun time too.

2 comments:

B Kerr Fam said...

Awesome trip, I am glad that you talked my brother into going!! Our families should plan a camping trip back to that spot next year. I know that Bryce would love it and Kelci I am guessing would love being with your girls. We miss you guys.

Bryan

kerrfam6 said...

Such a great way to build memories! I love the pictures!