Wednesday, July 20, 2011

66ers Baseball Game





I am a little backlogged with my blogging. I want to get all my posts in so you'll have to bear with me the next few posts as I go back a few months to capture them all.


First up was back in May. Hunter's T-Ball season hadn't quite ended but the team mom was able to get the kids free tickets to the 66ers Baseball game. It included free hot dog, drink and Ice Cream...along with the opportunity to walk onto the field. They got to each meet one player (the player in which position they themselves played) and get a signed ball. Because Kelly was the team manager, he too got to go onto the field with the players. Even though it was only a single A team, Kelly said the experience was amazing. The kids had a great time and were surprisingly very good on the field. The night that we went was Military night. They had free tickets for all the servicemen and even had a huge cannon that they shot off in center field. The cannon was louder than any firework we had ever heard.



Overall, we had a fun time. One fun thing that happened was the guy that Hunter got to meet and get his autograph was the person who ended up with the winning hit of the game. It was such a neat experience for all the boys. I know Hunter will remember it for a long time.




1 comment:

kerrfam6 said...

I like that the boys wore their uniforms. And I really like the picture of Kelly and Hunter waving at you. Great memories.