Friday, December 23, 2011

Skylar




The above picture is our final picture as a family of 5. We were on our way to church when we got a phone call from my doctors office asking us if we could move up the C-Section time to as soon as possible. We made it to the parking lot of the church and decided to grab our bags and head over to the hospital immediately. We are dressed in our church clothes, dropped the kids off at Kelly's parents house where we snapped this last picture.


It's official, we can finally change our blog title to "K Kerr Six". Our newest addition, Skylar Konalani Kerr was born December 18, 2011. She was 6 pounds 9 ounces and 19 inches long. This was the first year that we weren't able to get our first full family photo at the hospital. Because it is flu season all children under the age of 16 years old are unable to visit patients. The kids were able to stop by the hospital but had to look at their sister through a window. I unfortunately was unable to see them until I was discharged from the hospital. Skylar was a planned C-Section. Because I had Mylie as a C-Section I could not be given medication that would induce me without causing complications to my old C-Section scar. I was only dialated to half a centemeter at 39 weeks so it was very likely that I would have to have a C-Section regardless. In order to be home for Christmas I opted to have her on the 18th, which had to be planned anyways since Skylar had turned sideways. Even though she turned back at my last Doctor appointment I still chose to have the C-Section. Below is the first photo of Kelly, Me and Skylar in the operating room right after she was born.

Here is a picture of our sweet girl.The proud Daddy after we got her ready in her going home outfit. Mommy and her newest baby.The kids love their new little sister. They can't stop holding her, kissing her and hugging her enough. More pictures are to come. We still need a complete family picture which has yet to be taken but maybe on Christmas Day. Skylar is such a sweet little baby and we are so blessed to have her in our home. She is such a good little baby that hardly cries. She sleeps a lot, smiles in her sleep and has our entire little family wrapped around her little finger. We love her and are so excited to have her home and healthy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so cute!!! Glad everything went well. Can't wait to see her.

Amanda said...

She is adorable! I see a lot of Mylie in her ;) Congrats!! Hopefully I can meet her soon