Sunday, April 27, 2008

Kelly's Day


There is something about getting older that decreases the need to make your birthday a big deal. I'm sure this doesn't apply to everyone but you all know Kelly and this certainly applies to him. If I had my way I would have taken him out to dinner and gone out afterward and done something fun. Since this was Kelly's day I decided to heed his requests for a quiet, simple birthday.


Kelly's Day:

8am - Clean Chapel

noonish - Nap

2:30pm - Watch Lakers Dominate Nuggets
3ish - Open Presents (Hunter couldn't wait any longer)

4:00pm - Eat Crab and Shrimp Dinner

5:00pm - Take the kids swimming in the freezing pool

8:00pm - Shop at Khol's for Birthday present


Actually, this doesn't look much different than a normal Saturday but this is what he wanted. Hunter was anxious to yell "Surprise" to him when we walked in the door after shopping for dinner supplies and Kora was just happy singing "to you....to you". It was certainly simple but I can't say it was exactly quiet. I don't think parents of 3 young children know what quiet is until after bedtime...ahhhh bedtime!

4 comments:

B Kerr Fam said...

The look on Kelly's face is priceless. I am sure that he was excited to go swimming and then to find the pool was cold just put him over his joy-limit. Glad that you are on the blog scene now!!!
Bryan

The ZamFam said...

Yay!! I am so glad that you are blogging now. This means I get to see pics more often and hear the cute stories. Love it!!

Gene and Susie said...

Birthdays get better as you get older because you appreciate that you're still alive! This comes from experience!

Jodie said...

Love the face Kelly! Just wait until you're 30, enjoy your last 2 yrs in your 20's. Then Bryan can all and tell you how old you are! I am so happy you guys are blogging. It is such a great way to keep in touch. I love you guys and am going to add the K Kerr Five to my blog right now! I may even have enough to now add a separate family blog site.