Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kora's "2" at Last

Our sweet little Kora is finally 2 years old. The last few weeks we had been trying to hype up her birthday in hopes of getting her excited for the big day. We would tell her that she's going to be 2 and we are going to have a party but I think she's still too young to realize what that means. I let her pick out the party decorations, she chose Mickey Mouse, yet it still never dawned on her that we were having a party just for her. I think Hunter was more excited anticipating Kora's special day than she was. Nevertheless, the day has finally come. We had a nice small little family party, missing the family out of state and on vacation, but we had an enjoyable time with those that were able to share the day with us.

Among the presents Kora received she got a Little Mermaid push cart rider and happily drove it around the family room and kitchen. The seat lifts up and she stores her sunglasses in it. She would pull them out of the seat, put them on, sit on her cart and then do a cute little wave. I was trying to get a picture of her waving but for some reason kids refuse to be cooperative when it's forced. I guess that's why you need to have the camera ready at all times. I'm sure Kelly's favorite part of this new toy was when she picked it up and threw it on his foot while she was trying to turn it around.

By the way, yes, Kora's glasses are upside down. I guess she prefers them that way. As Kora opened her presents she started handing out the clothes saying, "this one's for Great-Grandpa, this one's for Kristin, this one's for Grandma..." It was nice of her to choose the teal shirt for Great-Grandpa because I don't think the purple skirt would have went very well with his shirt.
I can't believe she's 2 years old. I still remember the day she was born and how a dog named Joy put me into labor. Since I was so determined to have her on the 26th I waited the entire day to go to the hospital, certain they would send me home. Well, I still say they would have if the nurse hadn't purposefully broke my water. I guess she was ready to come and we were happy to have her. Happy 2nd Birthday Kora, We Love You!

5 comments:

B Kerr Fam said...

Happy Birthday Kora!!! We wish we could have been there for your party! What a great cake!! Do you think you could make a Broncos cake?!?!?! HAHAHA. Kora is a beautiful little girl and it is hard to beleive that she is 2. We miss her and the rest of the K Kerr 5, we are looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Amanda said...

No way! She's 2?? That's crazy! Looks like a fun little birthday though! And she is such a cutie!!

Kerr Family said...

Bryan- If you really wanted a Broncos cake I could definitely try. What weekend are you guys coming down?

Gene and Susie said...

Gosh, where does time go. We didn't have access to phones on the ship - but we sent her card from Portugal so she could have a stamp from her Daddy's Mission. The kids look so grown up. Can't wait to see you!!!

Jodie said...

What a fun birthday. Where does time go?