Monday, December 1, 2008

It's a Boy!

We have just adopted a 15 Month old BOY. He's Blond with Brown Eyes and very BIG. He's already Potty Trained and gets along well with the other kids. Kora is scared to death of him but she's getting better. Hunter is absolutely in love and Mylie crawls all over him. Kelly is so excited to have this new addition to our family that you can literally see the excitement and love on his face. It's adorable. Here is a picture of him and Mylie.

We were in a store up in Carson City, Nevada when a woman walked up to Kelly and I and asked us if we wanted a 15 month old, Potty Trained, Good with Kids, Golden Labrador....for Free. Kelly and I looked at each other and told her how very tempting the offer was. We got her number and talked it over and called her almost 15 minutes later telling her we wanted him. We drove up to a meeting point and picked him up. His previous owner called him Chico but we decided to rename him. Because we were made the offer in Carson City we decided that he should be named Carson. He really is a great dog. After being around a psycho, hyper, destructo dog named Joy, I was a little hesitant about getting a dog but Carson seems to fit in perfectly. He's very tame and the fact that he's already potty trained made the choice even easier. He actually made a 9 hour car ride home without going once (even though we stopped several times so he could go). Once we got home Kelly took him for a walk and then he went. His previous owner said he's a chewer but as long as he has some chew toys he wont destroy anything else. I'm hoping this is true. We'll have to see.

As for our trip up to Minden, Nevada to see Kelly's Nani and Papa...it was great as usual. The kids loved being with Nani and Papa and cousins and family. Hunter's favorite part was playing with Nani and Papa's dog, Sunny. He spent the entire day playing with her that he actually got sick Friday from being out in the cold. He was heart broken when we told him that he couldn't play outside with her any more because he was sick. You could only imagine his excitement when we told him we met Santa and he brought him (and our family)an early Christmas present. When we were getting ready to leave he kept a good hold on Carson's leash asking if we could get him and take him to "our house". He was going to make sure we didn't forget him.

We had a wonderful time with Nani and Papa and as usual it was way too fast. We had fun with the Perucci family who also came up to visit. Going up for Thanksgiving has been sort of a tradition we've kept for a few years. We love it. Hope each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Darci said...

I can't believe that you got a dog. I don't think I could handle that with 3 kids, plus I am not really a dog person. He is cute though.

Amanda said...

A dog! Holy cow! I am so jealous! I want a dog so bad! Now we definitely need to come and meet Carson. Peyton loooves dogs. Congrats on the new addition!!

Gene and Susie said...

What a great idea to tell the kids that Santa brought them an early gift. And how cute that Hunter likes him as much as Kelly does. He's beautiful. Do we get to dog sit? After the satanic dog, Joy (whose name only fit her for about a week), anything else would have to be better. If you bring him Christmas Eve we'll have a bone for him
!!! Glad you had a good time with the family. Love you all.

B Kerr Fam said...

Wow another mouth to feed and I am sure that you will realize that nothing is free!!! I am jealous, I miss having a dog and he looks like a great dog. I am happy for you kiddies!!! I bet Hunter has already asked if the dog can sleep in his bed.

Unknown said...

What a cute dog. When I saw the title, I thought you were pregnant and didn't know. I bet your kids are having tons of fun with a dog.

Sabrina said...

It's amazing all the people you find on facebook and through blogging. I found you through Melonnie's blog. You're kids are super adorable. I'm so happy for you. Hope you have a great Christmas. Hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog.