Thursday, February 12, 2009

Is it Tomorrow Yet?


Kora has been talking so much lately that it's almost shocking. When I used to take her for her exams the doctor would ask if she was saying so many words and she was never speaking as many words as she should be. Those charts always drive me crazy because my kids never seem to be doing what all the other kids are doing. Especially when it comes to gaining weight and getting taller. It wasn't until she was 18 months that she was actually putting 2-4 words together at a time. She completely skipped the one word speaking and went straight to speaking partial sentences. It was amazing but showed me that those charts are just a bunch of hooey. Kids will go at their own pace!

Within the last few weeks she has been talking like crazy. Her favorite phrase lately is "Wha 'bout ah-morrow Mom?" Usually she'll say this after I say "No" to something. When she asks if she can do it ah-morrow (tomorrow) the answer is usually a yes or a maybe...but not a no. She talks so much, I just love it. Nothing is cuter than hearing your little ones talking. I love it when she tries to explain something because she tilts her head and shakes it a little as if she's explaining that this is the way things are and she is right no matter what. Sometimes you just want to nod and say "Okay" because the little head shake is just so convincing.

As I am writing this she has walked over to me, smiling and said "I'm wearing your shoe." The little stinker wanted to get chased...and so I'm done chasing and back to typing. I guess what's so amazing about her talking so much is that she actually never really talked that much. She did when she wanted to, but never really wanted to. I guess she has decided it's time to talk.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Love it! She is so cute and fun. I say to heck with all those charts as well!! Great post!

Nunazuna said...

So cute! and she's a smart little cookie too. She knows you won't say no to "ah morrow". Thank's for your words of advice and encouragement on my last post.

Danielle said...

she is DARLING!!! that face is too die for! i love the sound of little ones talking-- preslee has been a slow talker too, so this post has made me a little less worried! :)

Darci said...

I agree, the talking is the best! She sounds like she is so fun.