Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Daddy Must Need Blessings


Last night we said a family prayer. Kora was saying it and Kelly was helping her. Here is how the prayer went:

Kelly: "Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day"
Kora: "Father, Thank You for Day"
Kelly: "Please bless the Prophet,"
Kora: "Bless Prophet...and Daddy"
Kelly: "Please bless our Bishop"
Kora: "Bless Bishop...and Daddy"
Kelly: " Please watch over our family"
Kora: "Watch our family...and Daddy"
Kelly: " In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"
Kora: "Amen"

There was more but that was my favorite portion. Kora is such a Daddy's girl. She loves her Daddy. A few nights ago she was crying so I went into her room to calm her down. She immediately told me "No, I want Daddy!" I guess she knows that if Daddy comes in there's a small chance she may not have to go to bed, where if Mommy comes in there is no chance. Kelly went in to calm her down (and didn't let her stay up) but the crying stopped and she eventually fell asleep. Ever since Kora was a little baby she has always been a Daddy's girl. During the day she's all mine but when Daddy's around I'm pretty much chopped liver.

7 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

From Kora's mouth to God's ears. Bless her precious little soul.

Unknown said...

Very cute. Rich wants our little girl to be a daddy's girls, since my boys are mama's boys.

Amanda said...

How cute is that! Hey at least you have another girl that might turn out to be a mommy's girl!! :)

Jennefer said...

So sweet! I love to hear those wonderful experiences! She is a darling daughter!

Danielle said...

cute! i feel ya-- my kids love their daddy more than me too! :(

Darci said...

LOL. Your kids are so cute! We just started doing prayers with Gwenie and she prayed for Ernie the other night!

Nunazuna said...

I would have been cracking up during the prayer. Not making fun of little Kora but just because it was so darn cute. Be proud that she is so close to Kelly. Girls that have good close relationships with their fathers are more likly to have respect for themselves. Peanut and Otis favor Ben over me all the time. I think Ben favors them over me too. Ha!