Wednesday, April 8, 2009

T-Ball


Hunter has finally started T-Ball. His first practice started last week but this was my first time at his practice and I made sure to bring the camera...if only I had thought to check the battery. I apologize that the picture isn't that great. I tried taking as many as I could before the batteries died but all of them were fuzzy because I was trying to take them from far away so I wouldn't interrupt the practice.


Hunter is on the Diamondbacks. They haven't received their shirts and hats yet but we'll make sure to take pictures once they do. This is a city league rather than "Little League" but little league doesn't allow 4 years olds to play. Hunter would have had to wait an entire year. Since this is more of an educational/social experience for him we thought it would be fun to sign him up. Kelly has signed up as an Assistant coach. It was fun to watch Kelly teaching the kids. He's a great coach and despite how frustrating it could get with all the kids chasing the ball and then dog piling on it as the ball was hit, he has surprisingly great patience. I'm glad that the boys have this time together to bond and share in the wonderful sport that is baseball.

4 comments:

Darci said...

That is so awesome!!!! We are waiting for when we have a boy to go to the games and stuff, sports are great! He looks so cute can't wait to see his uniform.

Gene and Susie said...

Hunter, you look like a pro!!! Your Dad was a great baseball player and he'll teach you well (although you already hit the ball and run like no other kid!!!). We want to come watch you play.

Amanda said...

I think that's a pretty good picture! How fun for Hunter (and Kelly)!

Unknown said...

How fun! Blake keeps asking to play baseball, but our city league doesn't start until the summer. Good luck Hunter and Kelly.