Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bubbles

The weather has finally warmed up (again) and the kids just happened to find the bubble machine I bought last year that was packed away for winter. Granted, California winters are a lot warmer than most and I could have kept it out year round but bubbles are a fun summer thing. Since we have brought out the bubbles it officially feels like summer. I took the kids to the park today and after 5 minutes of playing their heads were soaking in sweat and their sweet little faces were flush. Don't tell the kids it is too hot to play. We stayed nearly an hour and went to AM PM to get ICEE's to rehydrate after. I am still amazed they wanted to play that long. Even after I told them it was time to go they kept begging for a few more minutes. Oh, to be young again.

5 comments:

B Kerr Fam said...

WooHoo!!! Everyone loves bubbles, we only sit on the porch and blow bubbles so we can head back inside when it gets hot!!! Great picture of Kora, she is darling!! Bryson misses Hunter

Gene and Susie said...

I know my grandies are more anxious for summer than I am. It's already too hot for me - but I know how much fun they have playing outside with bubbles and in the water. Hunter will enjoy his hosrt hair and Kora will be glad hers is short. Mylie - well, she doesn't need to worry for now. But with her red hair and fair complexion, the sun will not be her friend!!

Nunazuna said...

What a beautiful little picture! Your kids are so dang cute! When I was little I used to wish that it would rain bubbles. Did you know that at Prado Park they have a little water area. All the playground equipment squirts out water. You should check it out. I bet the kids would love it!

Nunazuna said...

Prado park is in south/east Chino. If you take Euclid waaaayyyyy south like your going towards the 71 it's on the left side. We took my nieces last year. It's this HUGE-MONG-OUS park with a lake. You can even rent little boats that you paddle with your feet (like a tricycle (w/big wheels) on water). Then they have a few playgrounds around the lake. One of the playgrounds has a water part. It's hard to explain but once you see it you'll understand. The girls had a ton of fun when we went. I think it's $5 per car to get in. It's really a nice clean park and when we went in the middle of the summer last year there were hardly any people there. Callie and Spud know all about it. You really should check it out.

Jodie said...

That is the cutest picture!! I love bubbles. We are supposed to be in the 80's this week, so I am planning on breaking out the bubbles and sidewalk chalk! Love ya