Monday, August 10, 2009

Kindergarten


Today was Hunter's first day of school. When Hunter woke me up this morning it reminded me of the movie Finding Nemo when Nemo jumped on his dad saying "First day of school, first day of school." Hunter was so excited. He didn't quite jump on me but instead he looked at me from the edge of the bed with little eyes peeping over the mattress saying, "I go to school today, right?" Because Hunter has already gone to 2 years of preschool it didn't feel much different...until I actually dropped him off. He looks too tiny to go to school but he's certainly old enough. There was so much going on that he seemed a little frightened but off he went with the rest of his class and then came the tears I didn't expect. My little boy is now a kindergartner.

When I picked him up he was excited to tell me about his day and show me his new folder. As we walked by his class he showed me the playground he played on. He was so excited and I was excited to hear all about it.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

How cute is he?? He is so little, it's hard to believe he's old enough to go to school!! what a proud mommy moment though!

Gene and Susie said...

I've been teary all day thinking about him starting kindergarten. Before you know it, he'll be starting high school, then leaving on his mission. I'm anxious for tomorrow!!

Unknown said...

It's hard to believe we have kids in school. Time goes by so fast. I'm glad he likes going to school. As a parent its fun and sad to see them go.

Nunazuna said...

Kindergarten already! He's so cute. I love seeing pictures of your babies. I think our kids will look kinda similar. I'm going to the Wright's tomorrow night for Sarah's birthday. Maybe I'll see you there!?