Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Very Happy UN-Birthday

Mylie turned 18 months on Sunday. It's amazing how fast time flies. It seems like it was only a few months ago that I was holding a tiny baby in my arms and now she's an independent toddler.


As with each child you have, you realize that no two personalities are alike. Mylie is a very fun, happy baby with a mind of her own. She has a very funny personality and often pulls funny faces. She doesn't talk much but still uses sign language to help communicate what she wants. It has been a challenge to get her to talk with her hands rather than just crying until we run down a list of what she could possibly be crying about. She continues to be our most challenging child but we love her and are so glad that she's part of our family.


Mylie loves the water. If there is any puddle on the ground or a bowl of water for the dog on the ground she'll find it and be covered in water before you know it. She loves her baby dolls and when she wakes up in the morning she wont leave her crib without taking one of her stuffed friends with her.


Words she can say:
More "Moe"
Please "Peea"
Dad "Da"
Mom "MaMaMa"
Bye "Bye"
There it is "Day yiz"
Hi "Hi"
Airplane "Pay"
Bird "Burr"


The last thing about her being 18 months is she finally gets to go to nursery. I was able to go to Sunday School and actually pay attention and enjoy the great lesson this last sunday. As I was walking past the nursery to go to Young Women's I heard crying. I went inside and of course it was Mylie. Apparently Kora tackled her. She calmed down and I went to class and when I went to pick her up she was asleep in a corner with blankets on the floor and over her. She may be old enough for nursery but she's still a baby who needs her naps. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it while I can because she's growing up so fast.

3 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

I'm sure you'll hear this many more times, but looking at her sure reminds me of looking at her Daddy. He was just bigger!!! Precious baby girl.

Darci said...

Nursery is great but then Gwenie tends to come home sick alot of the time and it makes me wonder if it is worth it! Happy un birthday Mylie!

Amanda said...

She's so cute, and still so little!! I'm glad she goes to nursery so well for you though!! Lucky!!