Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oceanside


This last weekend we spent 4 days in Oceanside for a little vacation. My parents and Jeremy & Kristin have a sort of timeshare and they invited us along with them. The picture above sort of sums up the whole trip...a lot of swimming at the beach. This picture was taken right after we got settled in our room. We headed to the beach because Hunter couldn't wait to see the beach. I told the kids to not get wet. Next thing I know Hunter fell in face forward and Kora was running into the water. Oh well. That's what vacations are for, having fun.

We drove down Saturday afternoon and just hung out and got settled. On Sunday morning Kelly drove down and joined us. He went to a soccer game with a buddy of his on Saturday. We later went to the beach and attempted to body surf. The waves were pretty small and hard to catch...although, Jeremy caught a few. Kelly was even out there with us. I love hanging out with my hubby. The kids stayed on shore building sand castles and burrying themselves and taking walks with my parents. Mylie enjoyed all the birds.

On Monday we went to Sea World. The kids loved looking at all the animals. Hunter liked the "sharkfish" (sharks) and Kora liked the dolphins. It was a long day but we had a nice time.

Tuesday was our final day. We started off by playing a few rounds of tennis. I don't know why we don't play more because we all had such a good time. After tennis Jeremy, Kristin and I drove down to La Jolla and snorkeled. We actually swam with a swarm of leopard sharks. Needless to say I was a little freaked out swimming with 3-4 foot sharks but once I realized they were more scared of us than we were of them and they really wouldn't come near us it made the experience a fun one. I would actually love to do it again. Kelly stayed back at the room and took the kids swimming in the pool and then we headed back home. It was a great trip. The kids had a great time and when we got home I think everyone was exhausted.

4 comments:

Nunazuna said...

How fun! I can't get over how blond your kids are!

Gene and Susie said...

I love the first picture. It should be framed!!! Sharks? I don; know if you scare me or if I think you're brave!!! I'm glad Kelly stayed back with the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda said...

What a fun vacation!! Perfect time for Sea World and the beach. Love the picture of Jeremy and Mylie, hilarious!!

Darci said...

Those are the best vacations! I keep trying to get us to Sea World we will make it one day.