Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter


I'm a few days late getting this up because we have been busy. Hunter got to play with his favorite little buddy and cousin for almost 5 days straight. I think he was a happy man...although, they went home today and when Hunter asked if we were going to see Bryson today he was a little disappointed. It always amazes me how we wont see them for months and when we get together you would think the kids had just seen each other the day before. They just play so well together. So, here was our Easter weekend in a nutshell.

Kelly's brother, Bryan and his family drove down Wednesday night last week. Kelly had Friday off, which was good Friday, so him and Bryan went golfing. Bryan spent the night at our house and Saturday morning Kelly, Bryan and I went to see the new Clash of the Titans movie while the kids spent the morning at my parents house. I think we all really liked the movie. Lots of action. They changed the story a bit but overall...loved it. It's always a good time when Bryan and Kelly get together. The stories are always hilarious and the company is always great!

Saturday night, the kids colored Easter eggs. They love painting eggs. Originally I put one color in front of each child so that there would be no fighting. When they wanted another color they would swap for a new color. I put yellow in front of Mylie. Before I knew it ALL of her eggs were yellow. She put as many of her eggs that would fit in the little cup as possible. Once I took the first ones out and began explaining it to her the rest of her eggs were in the yellow dye. I guess as long as she's having fun, right?

On Easter Sunday the kids got their Easter baskets and did their little hunt. Hunter woke up at 7am. He was so excited...I told him he needed to go back to bed. He did actually fall asleep but Kora came in at 8am with 2 eggs that she found downstairs. It was time to wake up. I think I was too exhausted to take pictures because I actually forgot to take pictures of the kids and their baskets. I never forget to do that. The kids got dressed in their Easter clothes that their Nani made. Aren't the dresses adorable? She made 6 dresses in all for all the her girl grandbabies. She's amazing! We spent the rest of the day with family just hanging out as the kids played. Overall, we had a very nice Easter and a fun weekend.

4 comments:

Darci said...

So fun!!!! Love easter...it is so fun to have the Easter Bunny come. Your kids look soooo cute.

P.S. let me know when you guys want to meet at the beach sometime!!!

Gene and Susie said...

What a darling bunch of grandies I have!!! Blessed? You betcha!

Jodie said...

so fun!! can't wait to see pics of the latest home projects Love you guys

Nunazuna said...

Beautiful little babies! Susie did such a wonderful job on the dresses!