Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jammies for Kora


Back in January I was cutting out fabric to make Kora a pajama dress. As I was cutting the fabric, our dog who was snooping around for crumbs under our kitchen table got tangled in my sewing machine cords and yanked the sewing machine off the table, breaking it. After moving Kelly got me a new machine and we also got a new table for our bedroom so I no longer have to sew on our Kitchen table. My first sewing project was to finish the last project that I started. When I went to the store to buy her fabric I had seen a ton of adorable fabrics and was just going to choose one when I decided to let her choose. After looking at everything she decided on a pink fabric with dolphins. I thought it was hideous so I attempted to persuade her to choose something else. I failed. Normally when you go to the cutting counter, if the lady is friendly she'll ask you what you are going to make with the fabric. I told her I was going to make my daughter a pajama dress. Her response:"Don't you think this fabric will give her nightmares?" At least I wasn't alone in thinking the fabric was ugly. So, I made her jammies and I actually think it looks cute. I guess I couldn't envision it and Kora could. She loves it and I love that she loves it.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I think they look cute!! But you're probably right and it wouldn't look as cute on a bolt at the fabric store.

Gene and Susie said...

You did a great job. I think anything Kora wears is adorable - it's the little girl in the fabric that makes the outfit!!!

Nunazuna said...

I love it! I'm so glad that you let her pick it even though you hated it!