Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beach Fun

My niece Taylor came down from Colorado to stay with her Nani and we got to do a few things with her while she was down. One of the things was to go to the beach. We went down to Huntington Beach. It was a perfect day with just a little breeze. The kids had a great time. They loved digging and playing in the water. Here are a few pictures of our beach adventure.

Of course a day at the beach wouldn't be complete without someone being buried in the sand. Once one child did it, they all had to do it. Kora wanted me to make her Ariel. It took me awhile to figure that request out but it meant that she wanted me to bury her legs and make her a fish tail in the sand.


This bucket of sand with shells is actually a bunch of "sea creatures" as my kids put it. This was the first time I have ever been to the beach where they had real animals you could collect off of the beach. The kids found a ton. After the sea creatures sat for a bit they would open their shells and put their tongues out. If you look closely you can actually see some of the shells opened. The kids had fun touching them and watching the creatures go back and hide in their shell. This is our niece,Taylor. She loved playing in the water. My kids were too little and scared to really play in the deeper water with her but I think she still had a good time.

As always, Mylie did her own thing. She had fun eating lots of sandy Cheetos, sitting in the sand, digging and hiding in the beach blanket. I tried to get her to play in the water but I think the water was too strong and scared her. She wouldn't go out without holding my hand. I didn't mind this so much because at least I didn't have to worry about her being swept away by a wave.







Hunter had a great time too. He loved playing in the waves. When I told him we were going to go to the beach he told me that we HAD to build a sand castle. We built a good one...and of course didn't take any pictures before Godzilla...a.k.a Mylie jumped on it. The kids loved the beach and since I am always a fan of anything near water I had a great time too.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks like so much fun! It has seriously been AGES since I have been to the beach. Now I am determined to go at least once this summer!!

Gene and Susie said...

It was fun. The kids made it fun!!!