Friday, June 18, 2010

A Bit More Color


Here are a few new pictures of our house. The picture on the right is the new color we put on our walls. Both of the colors are colors we already have throughout our house. These walls were originally white but we thought it needed a bit more color. We haven't finished the wall leading up our stairs because the wall is so tall. We have a tall ladder but it's definitely a 2 person job. Kelly did the painting when the kids and I were out of the house. We are in the process of painting all the bathroom walls. I have also started decorating. I enjoyed having nothing on the walls for a bit but now I'm ready for a little change.
The second picture is the outside of our house. We....or I have been wondering what color we want to paint our house if we do. I would absolutely love to do a grey with white trim and black accents. The only problem with these colors is that ALL the houses in the neighborhood are some form of brown or tan like ours. Should we venture out and keep to the brown but just make it a bolder brown so it still fits in but not totally stick out....or should we go with the grey and make it stick out? Suggestions???

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I say paint it what you want it. It's your house! Now if you wanted to paint it ultra bright green or something, then I might say well maybe not, but it sounds like it will look great!!

Unknown said...

You should come in our neighborhood there are some crazy color houses. I have seen purple, lots of bright pinks. I think you should paint it whatever colors you want, those colors sound nice.

Gene and Susie said...

Go with the gray with white trim and black accents - that's a beautiful combination - your home will be the most beautiful one in the neighborhood!! Perhaps it will gibe others courage to venture out of the world of brown!